Interested in Working for Us?
We buy, import, store, sell and despatch artisan cheese and other fine food.
- two linked shops in the centre of Bath
- a domestic mail and Internet service for the public and for businesses
- a wholesale service, supplying stores, hotels, restaurants and caterers
- a world-wide export business.
We are always interested in people with a passion for food in general, and cheese in particular.
Artisan Food - Cheesemonger
The Fine Cheese Co. is looking for a dedicated individual to join our team of wholesale Cheesemongers at our warehouse in Dyrham, just on the outskirts of Bath/Bristol.
This is an outstanding opportunity for somebody who has a real interest in artisan food, and the ability to work in a lively environment.
About The Fine Cheese Co.
The Fine Cheese Co. matures, wholesales, retails, exports and imports artisan cheeses and other fine food products. Established for 25 years, we are a forward-thinking, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial business. We have two shops in the centre of Bath, a successful and growing e-commerce business serving the general public, an expanding wholesale business supplying over 800 retailers, hotels, restaurants and caterers throughout the country, and a world-wide export business sending cheese and partners for cheese to over 30 countries.
What you will do
- Be responsible for fulfilling orders from our wholesale and export customers: selecting, cutting, wrapping, labelling and packing cheeses (and charcuterie).
- Ensure that our cheeses (and charcuterie) reach each customer at the right level of maturity, and in the best possible condition.
- Care for our cheese (and charcuterie) from the moment they arrive until they are selected for sale.
- Liaise with our cheese buyer and with cheese-makers to ensure that our quality, profile and age specifications are met.
- Up-date accurately all technical information (descriptions, information sheets, specifications...).
- Be scrupulous and vigilant with regard to all aspects of food safety, hygiene, and Health & Safety.
- Passionate about artisan cheese (and charcuterie).
- Confident and motivated .
- ‘Hands on’ and proactive.
- Inter-personal and communication skills.
- Honest and loyal team member.
- Supporter of continuous change and improvement.
The Fine Detail
- The hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm (but are more extensive in the pre-Christmas period).
- Salary is negotiable and dependent upon experience.
- Our warehouse is based in Dyrham, by J18 of the M4.
If you have food experience, are physically able to work unsupervised, and an eye for detail, then we would love to hear from you – but please remember that an interest in good food is a must.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV and a short covering letter, telling us about yourself, why you think this is the right position for you, and your salary expectation.