- 1 pack of all-butter puff pastry sheet 320g
- 200g Fourme d’Ambert Xavier Morin
- 4 slices of Serrano ham
- 2 tbsp of Fallot ‘honey and balsamic vinegar’ mustard
- 1 Ashton Farm free-range organic egg, beaten
- A handful of poppy seeds
Recipe by Nick Horwood
Photographed by David Lewis
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180Co. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface.
3. Spread the mustard so that it thinly covers the pastry all over.
4. Lay the Serrano ham on top of mustard and crumble the Fourme d’Ambert cheese over it. Fold the pastry in half and press firmly down. Begin to roll the pastry mix slowly but firmly, getting it as thin as possible.
5. Brush with egg on one side and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
6. Slice into 1cm wide strips and then twist, placing them on the baking parchment.
7. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes until pastry is cooked.
8. Whilst warm, cut off any excess cheese.
9. Allow to cool and serve upright in a glass.
10. Enjoy with a glass of sparkling pink Langlois Crémant