After an absence of more than 30 years, Cropwell Bishop have re-introduce their very special hand-ladled Stilton made with animal rennet. Rich and creamy, but with a stronger blue finish.
Made by the Skailes family, Cropwell Bishop Stilton:
• Is made to a traditional recipe with animal rennet and is crucially hand-ladled. This a more artisan approach than that used to make their widely available standard cheese.
• Only accounts for 10-15% of Cropwell Bishop’s Stilton production.
• The recipe comes from the archive of their old Melton Mowbray North Road Creamery which closed in 1986.
• They only re-instated some production using this traditional recipe in 2010, in order to make the best Stilton available.
• Made by the current generation of the Skailes Family who have been making Stilton cheese for over 160 years.
• Interesting Fact: Mario, one of the staff who hand-ladles the curd has been with Cropwell for over 40 years and used to hand-ladle the curd at the old North Road Creamery.
• Tastes: Caramel, buttery and complex: a slight spice and long lingering notes.
We unashamedly source, care for and sell the best cheese, because that is what we believe in. Every day of dispatch one of our trained cheesemongers cuts every piece fresh, by hand, and wraps it in our waxed paper. We do this because it is most respectful way to treat this precious food.
|Brand||The Fine Cheese Co.|
|Country of Origin||British Isles|
|Style of Cheese||Blue|
|For Pregnant Women?||No|
|Ingredients||Milk (97.99%), Salt, Animal Rennet, Starter culture, Mould Cultures|
|Nutritional Info (per 100g)||Energy: 1700Kj, 410Kcal / Fat: 35g, Of Which Saturated: 23g / Carbohydrate: 0.1g, Of Which Sugars: 0.1g / Protein: 23.7g, Salt 2g|
|Allergen Advice||For allergens see ingredients in bold.|
|Storage||Keep refrigerated below 8°. |
Freshly cut and wrapped to order. Please eat within 14 days of receipt.