Sheep were the grazing animal of choice during the Middle Ages and it was not until the 13th century that cows’ milk was used extensively in cheesemaking in England. The recent resurgence in the use of sheep’s milk for cheesemaking has resulted in this stunning collection of cheeses, featuring modern marvels such as Flower Marie, and well–loved classics such as Manchego and Roquefort.
For Christmas we have changed our selection, so that we can maintain our quality and our service to you at this extremely busy time.
Be assured, our extensive range of cheeses will return in January.
- Unpasteurised sheep's milk and matured in the Roquefort caves.The Fine Cheese Co.£14.55
- A ripened, unpasteurised English ewes' milk cheese, with a white bloomy rind.The Fine Cheese Co.£9.70Out of Stock
- Delicate, almost bland in flavour, Haloumi has a wonderfully elastic texture that makes it perfec...The Fine Cheese Co.£4.65Out of Stock
- An unpasteurised English ewes’ milk cheese, Berkswell has a fruity tang and a creamy finish.The Fine Cheese Co.£8.95Out of Stock
- Delicate and creamy ewes’ milk cheese with a gentle flavour. Made in Berkshire by the Wigmores. I...The Fine Cheese Co.£16.75Out of Stock
- Washbourne is made by Debbie Mumford on the Sharpham Estate, which is gloriously situated on the ...The Fine Cheese Co.£8.30Out of Stock