Deliveries for Christmas – A Message to our Customers
We sent out all the orders we received to meet your chosen delivery date and, in most cases, ahead of time. We followed the advice of our courier DPD to priority customers such as us, and we paid an additional premium for ‘next day before noon’ delivery.
If your parcel was received in time for Christmas – as were almost all that we dispatched – we hope you were pleased with what we sent.
However, whilst DPD did their best to deliver all that they could by 5pm Christmas Eve, they did not succeed in delivering every parcel. We are sorry if you were one of those who were disappointed and we would like to apologise to you on DPD’s behalf.
If you were one of these customers please email us and we will look into every case as soon as we can on Wednesday, and come back to you. Unfortunately DPD will not we working until then, and so we cannot help further in the meantime.
Pre-Christmas Deliveries: An Important Note For Our Customers
As you probably know, all couriers, including our courier DPD, have been struggling to deliver parcels in a timely manner. Principally there are two reasons: the additional business they sought to absorb following the Royal Mail industrial action and the adverse weather conditions.
Some postcodes are being particularly affected. You can keep up to date with those postcode areas here
Those of you who have ordered for delivery before Christmas have named specific delivery dates, but we will now move some of these earlier to do our best to ensure your parcels arrive on or by Christmas Eve.
We would have liked to name new delivery dates, but we feel that it would be unwise to be specific.
However, DPD is treating us as a favoured customer with a dedicated hub, so giving priority to your orders.
In addition, if the person to whom the parcel has been addressed is not at home when DPD calls, the driver will leave the parcel in a safe place or deliver it to a local shop for collection.
You will be able to follow progress by entering your tracking number here. If you are not finding that helpful, please call us on 01225 448748 or email us on email@example.com
Our Delivery Service
We send goods by overnight carrier to destinations on the GB mainland only.
We can deliver to your home or place of work, and to the home or work-place of your relatives, friends, colleagues or business associates. If your parcel is being delivered to a business, please advise us of the operating hours.
We must have a complete postcode and mobile telephone number for every delivery address.
Please provide a mobile telephone number and our third-party courier service, DPD, will send you a text message advising you of an estimated arrival time for your package.
We deliver on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and now Saturdays.
*We can deliver to the Scottish Highlands & Islands on Wednesdays and Thursdays only.
Because our products are perishable, we must have an alternative delivery instruction for any private address, such as "leave in porch/on step/with a neighbour". This is particularly important if you are sending a surprise gift; but, even if you are planning to be in, circumstances do change.
- Delivery is FREE for all orders over £20.00 in value. For any order lower in value than £20.00, our pricing is very simple, it costs £2.95 to get your order delivered to any address on the GB mainland.*Excluding Highlands & Islands (a delivery surcharge may apply).
- Some delivery addresses in the Scottish Highlands and Islands can take two days for our couriers to reach. If you enter a postcode that this may apply to, you will see 'Two Day Delivery by Courier' as your delivery option.
- In those instances, please note that the date you have selected on our shipping calendar may not be guaranteed. Therefore please allow for an additional day for your goods to arrive.
- A delivery surcharge may also apply. Should you need any advice on this point, simply give us a call on 01225 448748.
How will your order arrive?
We want your cheese to arrive as ripe and in perfect condition as if it was served in our Bath or Belgravia café restaurants.
- We use a special waxed cheese paper, because cling film makes your cheese sweat. Then, to keep it cool, we use ice packs unless it’s really chilly outside, then we don’t need to.
- The cardboard box we’ve chosen is strong (just in case a courier drops it). It’s smart too, thanks to being recyclable, reusable and made from renewable materials
- To keep it safe, the products are packed with zig zag paper, which is recyclable.
If you want your box to look the bee’s knees, though, why not pay for a gift box? These beautiful glossy boxes, designed by John Broadley, are tied with a ribbon and placed into a plastic sack for added protection.
Ordering By Telephone
Call 01225 448748.
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 8.30am-5.30pm.
The answer-phone is always available outside these times.
Lines busy? Please leave a message and telephone number, and we will get back to you.