Cheese Wedding Cakes
"We're only just three months on and people are still talking about the cheese cake. Such an easy talking point, and everyone loved tucking in after a few songs from our band! We loved the simplicity of it, and how well it fitted into our theme. Cheese over cake any day!” - Tilly & Alastair
"We got married in September last year & Lauren Ferris (wedding cake specialist) helped us with the cheeses & our order - she was so amazing & super helpful!” - Maria
What is a Cheese Wedding Cake?
Imagine a tiered tower of artisan cheeses, hand-selected to create a perfectly balanced cheeseboard, and cared for by our dedicated cheesemongers to arrive in peak condition for your wedding day. What a fabulous centrepiece with a difference for your wedding breakfast!
A History of Wedding Cakes from The Fine Cheese Co.
We made our first cake from cheese in 2002, when one of our team decided that she would dispense with iced fruitcake and have something more suited to the wedding of a cheesemongeress.
Whether it was the very first ‘cheese wedding cake’ we really don’t know, but we certainly think we championed the trend!
The concept of cakes made from cheese gradually spread by word of mouth and, in 2003, we created our first dedicated range of cheese wedding cakes. Since then, our cakes have been featured in numerous wedding magazines, including Brides Magazine and You & Your Wedding.
We are now delighted to have been a part of the perfect day for over 5,000 brides and grooms – and mother-in-laws.
Why Choose Us?
We have been artisan cheesemongers for over 20 years and have been creating beautiful cheese wedding cakes for over 10. We love our cheese. We know what tastes fabulous and how to make it look stunning. We think cheese deserves to be the centre of attention too.
We have thoughtfully designed a range of cheese wedding cakes, each of which we would be proud to have at the Head Table of our own wedding. Every cheese in your cake has been singled out for its outstanding qualities, and, when the tiers are put together, they create the perfect harmony of appearance, texture and flavour.
Putting a cheese selection together for large numbers is never easy: you need to appeal to a broad church (even if you are getting married in a registry office!). While your cake may include something a little bit different and special, it should also have something that appeals to each of your guests, from Great Aunt Mary to your fussy teenage nephew.
With our wealth of experience and knowledge, we can help you choose the perfect cheese wedding cake for your special day. We know how important this is to you and we will be here to help make your day run as smoothly as possible. You can rely on us, through our care and selection, to deliver your cheese in peak condition. We are confident that you and your guests will appreciate the quality and exciting taste experiences of great cheeses that have been expertly handled.
Why choose a Cheese Wedding Cake?
Couples today don’t want to dispense completely with tradition, but love to bring their own personal touches to their wedding day. A Cheese Wedding Cake can make a real splash at the reception and is so much nicer than fruitcake with wine at the evening party.
While the bride is busy choosing her dress, her shoes and the flowers, here at last is a part of the wedding planning that the bridegroom can literally get his teeth into. The bride may be smelling the roses, but the groom just wants to get his hands on the cheese! Think how much fun you can have together, choosing the cheeses that will feature in your cake. You may want to include firm favourites, such as a tasty West Country Cheddar, a rich, creamy Stilton and a powerful Brie de Meaux.
The cheese has an important role to fulfil that fruit cake or profiteroles simply cannot – it is the ideal food to feed the hungry guests at the evening party that follows most weddings.
Cheese is the perfect protein-rich snack food, that, when partnered with bread or crackers and some good chutney or pickle, will mop up the wine and the beer, and keep energy levels up so you can dance all night.
And, what’s more, the bride and groom still get to cut the ‘cake’.
How we make Cheese Wedding Cakes
Each cake must provide the stunning tiered effect of a traditional wedding cake but have a harmonised range of cheeses, so that your guests can enjoy a beautifully balanced cheeseboard after the wedding breakfast or at the evening revels. So not just any cheese will do! We have thought long and hard to bring you our perfect selections.
Each cheese will arrive with you in peak condition ready to assemble in situ on the big day. We will deliver two working days before the wedding. You just need to refrigerate the cheeses until the day, and then unwrap, assemble and decorate your cake. You can use our ideas for inspiration, and ask your caterer and florist to echo your bouquet or dress with whatever fruit and flowers are in season.
We will advise you on how to assemble your cheese wedding cake. Some couples like the cheeses to be piled directly on top of one another, and others love the more airy, delicate effect that is achieved by using supports between each tier. We will let you know which cheeses work best, depending on the look you want to achieve.
And don’t worry about soft cheese. We love our cheeses too much to allow them to be squashed. We will provide you with everything you need to support the weight of the cheeses above, without harming the cheeses below.
If you have a favourite cheese and you can’t find it in one of our cakes, do get in touch and we can put together a bespoke cake just for you.
Cheese Wedding Cake Tasting Boxes
To help you choose, why not order a cheese wedding cake tasting box? Settle down with a glass of wine and our detailed tasting notes, and tuck in. It could be the most fun you have planning your wedding!
A Cheese Cake isn’t just for your Wedding Day!
Don’t save our delicious cheese cakes for just one day in your life. They are perfect for anniversaries, christenings, birthdays or any day you feel like treating yourself or someone special.
You may order your cake online, but, if you have a special request or would just like some advice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01225 448748.
Click here to see our Frequently Asked Questions about Cheese Wedding Cakes
- The perfect selection of cheeses in miniature: a full-flavoured Brie-style cheese, a rich and cre...The Fine Cheese Co.
- Quintessentially British, featuring four tiers of timeless and elegant cheese. A powerful Britis...The Fine Cheese Co.
- An all-British cheese wedding cake that includes stunning examples of everyone’s favourite cheese...The Fine Cheese Co.
- A fabulous combination of a traditional Cheshire and the best of luscious French cheeses: a fruit...The Fine Cheese Co.
- An elegant, five-tiered cake that features a fabulous British sheep’s milk cheese, a rich and cre...The Fine Cheese Co.
- A four-tier cake with an exceptional mix of varieties. Featuring a trio of classic British favour...The Fine Cheese Co.
- Four-tiers of style, grace, and, of course, flavour. This cake boasts a perfect marriage of Frenc...The Fine Cheese Co.
- A British tour-de-force that is perfect for all palates, but especially so for vegetarians, as th...The Fine Cheese Co.
- A four-tier cheese wedding cake, with a delectable combination of fresh and crumbly Cornish Yarg,...The Fine Cheese Co.
- A striking cheese wedding cake made entirely from British cheeses, both traditional and modern. T...The Fine Cheese Co.
- A six-tier cheese wedding cake with something for everyone: a fruity Brie, a fresh and clean tast...The Fine Cheese Co.
- A five-tiered European extravaganza. Featuring a fruity Brie, a crumbly Yarg, a nutty Manchego, a...The Fine Cheese Co.
- A quintessentially classic combination of everyone’s favourite cheeses: a fruity, powerful Brie d...The Fine Cheese Co.
- Six tiers that showcase some of the finest cheeses across Britain and Europe: a powerful and frui...The Fine Cheese Co.
- Every wedding needs something old (a traditional Cheddar), something new (a delicate sheep’s milk...The Fine Cheese Co.
- A show-stopping mix of classic and modern cheeses: a full-flavoured, traditional West Country Che...The Fine Cheese Co.