Cheese Wedding Cakes
A wedding cheese cake is a selection of cheeses stacked to give the effect of a traditional tiered wedding cake. We made our first one back in 2002, and since then the concept has become very popular, with our cakes featuring in publications like Brides Magazine and You & Your Wedding. We are delighted to have been a part of the perfect days of over 10,000 happy couples, (and mother-in-laws) and counting.
Why choose a wedding cheese cake?
A cheese wedding cake can make a real splash with the wine at the reception.
They are great for couples who would love to include personal and unique touches on their wedding day, but don’t wish to dispense completely with tradition.
When dressed with fresh flowers or whatever your heart desires, well, you’ll have a fabulous centerpiece with a difference for your special day.
Plus, cheese is the perfect protein-rich snack food that, when partnered with bread or crackers and some good chutney or pickle, will mop up the wine and beer, and keep energy levels up so you can dance all night.
Why choose The Fine Cheese Co for my wedding cheese cake?
We have been artisan cheesemongers for over thirty years, and creating beautiful cheese wedding cakes for more than twenty. We love our cheese. We know what tastes fabulous and how to make it look stunning.
And we believe cheese deserves to be the centre of attention too.
How do I choose which cake? Can I taste the cheeses?
We have created a range of perfectly balanced cakes on our website to choose from, or you can create your own.
We have been told by couples that the most fun part of planning their wedding was choosing cheeses to build their cake! Together, along with an expert cheesemonger, you can taste and select which cheeses will feature. Or, if you can’t make it to one of our shops in Bath or Belgravia, you can order a tasting box. Settle down with a glass of wine and our detailed tasting notes, and tuck in.
You may have a cheese in mind, or want to include firm favourites, such as a superb tangy West Country Cheddar, a rich and creamy Stilton, or a powerful Brie de Meaux. Or if you’re cheese connoisseurs, you could opt for more adventurous choices to create something that represents you both.
A thought: Cheese cakes aren’t just for weddings!
Don’t save our wonderful celebration cakes for just one day in your life. Cheese cakes are perfect for anniversaries, birthdays, or any occasion where you’d like to treat someone, or yourself.
You can order your cake online, but, if you have a special request or would just like some advice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01225 448748.
- An all-British cheese wedding cake that includes stunning examples of everyone’s favourite cheeses: a hard cows’ milk cheese that’s older than Cheddar; a rich, classic Stilton; a British twist on Brie, and to top it all; a light, fresh and mousse-like goats’ milk cheese. Serves 35 to 50 People.
- An elegant, five-tiered cake that features a fabulous British sheep’s milk cheese, a rich and creamy Brie-style cheese, a Fourme d’Ambert for the fans of creamy French blue cheeses, while the top two tiers are a British take on a Camembert, and a soft and delicate, ash-covered goats’ milk cheese. Serves 40 to 55 People.
- A four-tier cake with an exceptional mix of varieties. Featuring a trio of classic British favourites: a Welsh Cheddar, a British Brie, and an impeccably creamy Stilton. To top it all off, there is a full-flavoured washed-rind cheese from the Champagne region of France. Serves 55 to 80 People.
- Four-tiers of style, grace, and, of course, flavour. This cake boasts a perfect marriage of French and British cheeses. On the British groom’s side there is a crumbly and delicate Cornish Yarg, wrapped handsomely in nettles, and a top hat of ashy goats’ milk cheese. The French bride’s side features an earthy and subtle Tomme, along with a famously rich and creamy offering that is appropriately dressed in white. Serves 55 to 80 People.
From: £199.00Out of Stock
- A British tour-de-force that is perfect for all palates, but especially so for vegetarians, as this cheese wedding cake is completely vegetarian. Featuring a fresh and crumbly Yarg, a creamy British Brie, a classic Stilton and a light and crumbly sheep’s milk cheese. Serves 60 to 85 People.
- A striking cheese wedding cake made entirely from British cheeses, both traditional and modern. The classic cheeses are: a tangy Lancashire and a rich Stilton, while the modern cheeses include: a powerful British Brie, a creamy sheep’s milk cheese, and a light, delicate goats’ milk cheese. Serves 75 to 110 People.
- A six-tier cheese wedding cake with something for everyone: a fruity Brie, a fresh and clean tasting Yarg, an earthy Tomme de Savoie, a sweet and gentle blue, a rich triple-cream and topped off with a voluptuous delicacy from the Champagne region of France. Serves 95 to 140 People.
From: £295.00Out of Stock
- A quintessentially classic combination of everyone’s favourite cheeses: a fruity, powerful Brie de Meaux; a rich, organic Welsh Cheddar; a smooth and creamy traditional Stilton, topped with a sinfully creamy soft cheese and a light, delicate sheep’s milk cheese. Serves 105 to 150 People.
- Six tiers that showcase some of the finest cheeses across Britain and Europe: a powerful and fruity Brie, a moreish and nutty hard cheese from Switzerland, a classic Stilton, a delicate goats’ milk cheese from France, a creamy British sheep’s milk cheese, and a wonderful washed rind cheese from France’s Champagne region. Serves 140 to 200 People.
- Every wedding needs something old (a traditional Cheddar), something new (a delicate sheep’s milk cheese), something borrowed (a British take on a Camembert) and something blue (a rich and mellow offering from Cornwall). We may not be able to provide a silver sixpence in your shoe, but we think a sinfully rich Delice de Bourgogne, and the crumbly Duckett’s Caerphilly, to be even better. Serves 150 to 215 People.
- A show-stopping mix of classic and modern cheeses: a full-flavoured, traditional West Country Cheddar; a delicious, rich blue; a pair of sinfully creamy softs, all topped by a light and crumbly sheep’s milk cheese. Serves 180 to 270 People.
- Toast for Cheese Catering Pack Serves approximately 70 people with 5 Toasts each.
- A sweet and fruity accompaniment, delicious with soft cheeses.£16.50
- Dark, sticky and rich. Delicious with hard cheeses such as Cheddar.£16.50
- The Fine Cheese Co. Fine English Range for Cheese Catering Pack
From: £47.94Out of Stock
- Tuck into these thinly sliced fruit crisps for a real taste of the summer£5.75
- All the way from Hawaii, this fruit is a one-of-a-kind£5.25Out of Stock
- A delicate, fruit treat that can be eaten at any time of the day£5.25
- At 25-30 calories per portion, these are an incredibly healthy treat£5.25