Ricotta stagionata is quickly becoming our go-to cheese for Italian dishes. It can be grated over pasta or used to finish a risotto, however we think it has so much more to offer.
We asked our Bath café's Head Chef, Laurent, to create something a little different and this is the delicious dish he came up with. His grilled asparagus salad with prosciutto ham and ricotta stagionata is a real summer sensation.
400g Green asparagus
6 Slices of Prosciutto ham
150g Ricotta Stagionata
1 Handful of rocket leaves
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Peel the asparagus and cut the woody ends if needed.
- Place them in a hot griddle pan, cooking for two minutes on each side with a drizzle of the oil.
- Season with sea salt and squeeze a little lemon juice over them.
- Lay the asparagus in a flat dish on a bed of rocket leaves and tear the slices of Prosciutto ham into strips, so they rest on the salad.
- Finish the dish by grating the Ricotta Stagionata over the top, then sprinkle with some black, cracked pepper and a dash of balsamic vinegar.
Serves four people.