Baking a pumpkin filled with as much cheese as you can fit in is the recipe for a truly special, comfort meal that's not just perfect for Halloween! As our designer, Claire, puts it, “this is the best bonfire night recipe ever!”
This is an annual tradition for Claire. The pumpkin can be dipped into, like a traditional cheese fondue, or if you roast it for a while longer, then the pumpkin's flesh becomes gorgeously tender and is delicious when scooped out with a dollop of the rich, velvety cheese sauce.
Vacherin Mont d’Or season is upon us, but how do you eat it? You may choose to enjoy it at room temperature, but for a truly special experience, why not try baking the cheese?
We’ve called upon the knowledge of our Cheese Care Manager, Luke, for his favourite Vacherin Mont d’Or recipe. He has delivered this full-flavoured dish that will wow friends and family alike.
3 Shallots, finely chopped
2 Sprigs of rosemary, finely chopped
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
30ml Jura Chardonnay
1 Whole Vacherin Mont d'Or, 450g
1. Warm your oven to 180°C (fan 160°C).
2. Prepare the Vacherin box by removing the wood with a serrated knife to just below the top of the rind.
3. Soften the shallots and crushed garlic in butter. Finish with rosemary and Jura Chardonnay. Then cook off until the wine is evaporated. Allow the mixture to cool until it reaches room temperature.
4. Remove the top rind of your Vacherin with a long-blade knife. Then, evenly spread the thin layer of cooked shallots and cut downwards into the body of the cheese, so as distribute the mixture throughout.
5. Replace top rind and lid of the box. Cover in foil to stop catching and burning.
6. Place in your oven and bake for 10 mins. Beware of overcooking as the cheese and wood may split.
7. Remove the foil and lid, then grill the top rind until it is golden and crunchy.
Baby potatoes and cooked confit in oil.
Fresh vegetable batons.
This month heralds the start of Organic September and an opportunity to discuss the values of organic food. Organic stands for environmental sustainability, a lack of herbicides or artificial fertilisers, and animal welfare.
Organic September is a great opportunity to chat with two shining lights of organic dairy farming, about why they feel it is so important to the future of food production.
Patrick Holden, CEO of the Sustainable Food Trust and founding chairman of the British Organic Farmers movement in 1982, is a man whose farming techniques have helped make Hafod the cheese it is today. He
Brie makes a wonderful addition to many cheese wedding cakes. Indeed, we use it in our five-tier Alice Cheese Wedding Cake, but how do you protect the cheese when it's on the base of a beautifully tiered cake?
We love Brie, especially our Brie de Meaux Dongé. It’s from the Ile de France outside Paris, and made by the Dongé family. This nine-times winner of the coveted Medaille D’Or is full-flavoured, with a Camembert-like fruitiness. It’s absolutely the real thing.
If you do choose to enjoy this great cheese, you’ll find it is too soft to take the pressure of the cheeses above. It needs support, so why not follow our instructions below for making the most of Brie de Meaux?
1. First place the metal cake support centrally on top of the Brie.
2. Then press firmly down on the support so that it cuts into the cheese until the bottom of the support reaches your board or cake stand and the top sits almost flush with the surface of the Brie.
3. Place the 8” cake board directly on top of the support.
4. Then either place your next tier of cheese
Our Cheese Care Manager, Luke Maslen, has shared his Ultimate Welsh Rarebit. It’s the perfect comfort food for a rainy day.
Luke, prefers a hearty, west-country cheddar for that earthy hit, so we’ve used our Westcombe Hand-Select Cheddar in this recipe. We also use
The Great British Bake Off winner, Nadiya Hussain, explored London as part of her road trip around Britain, where she uncovers some of the country’s most exciting food pioneers. While in the
Would you like to enjoy your wedding cheeses again with our compliments?
All you need to do is send us a glorious photo of your cheese wedding cake, with a quote from you.
If we use them on our website, or social media, we will send you a cheese-board version of your cake to cut again.
All you need to is email email@example.com with you images and testimonial.